Inbound marketing - The key statistics
by Adam Basheer, on 10-May-2018 15:08:54
How long does it take to see results from inbound marketing? What kind of results will I see? What exactly leads to those increases? If you've been asking yourself those questions, have no fear, the latest HubSpot ROI report is in, and I will review it here and provide the answers.
The ROI Report is an analysis created in collaboration with HubSpot and MIT. By crunching numbers from HubSpot customers, we can not only get a perspective on the successes of our customers, but also a global view of how inbound marketing is working for businesses.
These results come from a study based on data from 5,048 HubSpot customers and surveys from 236 knowledgeable professionals about their company's marketing strategy. Let’s jump right in.
ROI of Inbound Marketing for Traffic
1) 92.34% of companies using inbound marketing increase their traffic.
2) 85% of companies using inbound marketing increase traffic within 7 months.
We all know that inbound marketing is a longer-term strategy that takes time and patience but an increase in traffic within the first 7 months is good. Bigger increases in traffic happen over a longer period.
3) Blogging champions as the number 1 method for increasing traffic, with SEO in second place.
This is very interesting as this has changed since the 2011 ROI Report. In 2011, SEO was reported as the number 1 method in increasing traffic. Now SEO has fallen to second place with blogging taking the first spot. This is likely due to SEO today revolving largely around blogging to create fresh, unique content due to the Google Panda/Penguin updates.
ROI of Inbound Marketing for Leads
4) 92.7% of companies using inbound marketing increase their lead generation.
While companies have significantly increased their traffic using inbound marketing, they have seen an even greater increase in leads. 38.37% of companies using inbound marketing have seen an increase in their leads of more than 100%.
5) 83.9% of companies using inbound marketing increase leads within 7 months.
6) "Other" inbound marketing techniques -- like landing pages and calls-to-action -- champion as the number 1 method for increasing leads. Blogging comes in second place.
ROI of Inbound Marketing for Sales
7) 42.2% of companies using inbound marketing increase their lead-to-sale conversion rate.
Most people will be attracted to inbound marketing to increase their traffic and leads. But optimisation of your lead-to-sale conversion rate is even more important in my opinion. Inbound marketing makes you think through your entire sales funnel and optimise each part effectively.
8) 49.7% of companies using inbound marketing increase sales within 7 months.
Increasing traffic and leads is an interesting statistic, but let’s get to the number we all as businesses truly care about, sales. Companies using inbound marketing started to increase their sales and put real dollars into their cash-flow. 63.24% of companies started to see increased sales within the first 12 months. Many I have worked with see an increase in the first 3-6 months.
9) "Other" inbound marketing techniques -- like landing pages and calls-to-action -- are the number one reason marketers attribute to their increase in sales, with better lead intelligence not far behind.
So as best we can tell the key statistics for inbound marketing are quite impressive. With HubSpot set to bring out a raft of new features I think this is set to increase over the not too distant future.
This is an exciting time to be in marketing.
Fit 4 Market are marketing consultants operating in Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth